Coronavirus in Mallorca
Mallorca Enters Phase 2
Mallorca enters Phase 2 of the de-escalation of state of alarm measures and the beaches beckons from Monday. Local councils will be able to enforce access limits and control the number of people on beaches, to guarantee the two metres of social distancing.
Here are the main points about Phase 2:
- We can now be in social groups of up to 15 people.
- We can go to the beach, but, the municipalities will make their own specific rules regarding time limits etc.
- Exercise can be done at any time, except between 10h to 12h and 19h to 20h – periods reserved for those over 70, or people accompanied by a career.
- Public swimming pools can be used by appointment only, with a maximum capacity of 30 per cent.
- Funeral wakes can be up to 25 people in open-air spaces, 15 in closed areas.
- Places of worship can take 50 per cent of their capacity.
- Weddings can be celebrated at up to 50 per cent of the venue capacity. A maximum of 100 guests in open-air areas, or 50 in closed spaces.
- Businesses of more than 400sqm re-open today.
- Small shops can take up to 40 per cent of their capacity. Shopping centres are open, with limited capacity in their public areas and 40 per cent in their shops.
- Open air markets will be open, but with only a third of their usual stalls.
- Bar and restaurant interiors can open, with a maximum capacity of 50 per cent, in the Balearics. Terrace capacity of up to 50 per cent can be used.
- Cultural places can open with a maximum of 50 per cent.
Foreign Tourism Open July - More Optimism for Summer Tourism
The summer tourist season could be active by the end of June.
Confirmed that foreign tourists will be welcome from July, with security measures at their point of departure and in their destinations throughout Spain.
Anyone over the age of six must wear a mask anywhere outside, in any closed space used by the public, and on public transport , when it’s not possible to maintain social distancing of at least two metres.